Succumbing to Peer Pressure

I didn't MEAN to start a blog. But she made me do it.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A brain almost on drugs

we all know the hazards of brains on drugs. A few of them get together and you atart looking for toast and orange toast. In high school it was common knowledge that both acid and shrooms worked better if you downed mass quantities of orange juice during your trip. Seeing a friend with pupils the size of a dinner plate and a gallon oj OJ in one hand always brought the fried-egg brain-on-drugs image to mind. Add in the fact that people on drugs will often say "dude I'm toasted" and you get "drugs: breakfast of champions"
But that has nothing to do with this post. At all. Sorry to waste your time there. This post is about MY family, not the inlaws.
My mother is crazy in her own twisted way. I like that about my family- they never rinse and repeat an old crazy, each person does Crazy in her own way. Keeps it interesting. Makes you think. My little sister is crazy in many ways. She is 29 years old and has never lived alone. She cannot speak to a man without flirting. She's been married twice. She has 3 daughters, but only one lives with her. The first was taken away at 2 years (well a few times before that too but her parental rights were terminated then) and the second one she abandoned at age 3 and then the father was given full custody and she was denied even visiting privileges. Takes a special kind of parenting to get those 2 rulings eh?
My little sister Val is also crazy in the way that made the government find her permanently and totally disabled and eligible for SSI. She is bipolar, and has Borderline Personality Disordr, she is ADHD and has a range of mood disorders and attachment issues. She has trouble with "fact vs. fiction" and tends to believe her own lies.
She likes Bad Boys and every single one of her boyfriends has been in jail or prison (well the first few were in juvenile hall) most repeatedly. In fact when one boyfriend was being released and would need to come "home" she called and got the current boyfriend arrested on a parole violation. She has done this several times. It keeps her from getting bored I guess.
Is it any wonder then that she might wander into circles where they use drugs? I don't mean happy drugs, like a little bit of pot. I don't mean hippy drugs like shrooms. I mean crack, I mean heroin, I mean real drugs, skid-row drugs.
So. Last summer Val pawned her window a/c units and said they were stolen. My mom bought her new ones. A few weeks later they were, um, stolen again. So Val, and her current parolee, and her baby, and her dog started "crashing" at my moms "pad" One day my mom found pieces of her grill upstairs and other things she didn't understand. When confronted Val CONFESSED they had been freebasing in my moms bedroom. But she promised it would never happen again.
A month later my mom found grill parts in her backseat. Val said they were going to take the parts to the store and get new ones so there wouldn't be any drug residue on my moms hamburgers. My mom believed her, and thought that was "sweet"
Time went on and my mom got fired from her teaching job (at Detroit Public Schools) for "endagering her students" (can you imagine????)and so she sold her house and moved into the trailer she had bought for Val.
She bought more a/c units and nice new grill. We don't know what's wrong with Weber but their grill and parts are CRAP. We know this because the poor parolees keep having to take the grill apart to "fix it"
My mom believes them. Don't you? And she's not even ON drugs... just almost.

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

OMG I am laughing so hard I have a headache!
I am sending this to my entire whacked out crazy family just so they can see that they aren't alone :-)
How in the heeeeell did you turn out so wonderful?????

Crazy hilarity!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Stepping on Legos said...

You've been nominated for the thinking blogger award (see my site). Congrats! You crack me the helllll up, woman!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home